Pages

Wednesday, April 7, 2010

CERT Training


I was just looking at some picture and saw these of my CERT training. For those of you who don't know what that is: Community Emergency Response Team. I learned how to behave if a disaster were to happen in our area. On the last day, we did a mock disaster and I got to be triage leader… I learned, that is was very hard to mark kids as 'dead' and to decide who needed immediate treatment and who could wait… especially when your daughter is one of the 'victims'. All in all, it was a very informative and interesting class. I also learned a lot about fires and emergency preparedness… something that the Church teaches constantly. So, I have decided that I need to revamp my emergency plan and be prepared in case something really does happen!


Charri and Mike, he's patching her up… her eye is covered because the eyeball was hanging out… eeewww!


 Charri, again… looks kind of real, huh!

As part of our training, we had to 'lift' a very, very heavy concrete slab by using the 'cribbing method'
Using leverage and cribbing to lift up the slab

It's getting higher… apparently, there was a 'victim' under it and we had to get him out.\

Carola and I putting out the fire…

Savanna, the 'victim'

It was really kind of gross… her insides were hanging out and I didn't tag her as dead… Of course, she was moaning very loudly and thrashing about… kind of hard to be 'dead'

Getting her out… the two man carry wasn't as easy as it seemed…

0 comments: